Portfolio Manager, Wealth Management
Vancouver – Job #3980
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for an Intermediate to Senior Portfolio Manager who is energetic, detailed and organized to join a top Wealth Management team in Vancouver. The successful candidate would report and work closely with the portfolio managers of the group to support portfolio trading and analysis.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Lead a 4 person Investment Committee;
- Monitor economic and market conditions and provide both insight and opinion to the team, clients and the public through the media;
- Monitor and maintain proprietary model portfolios;
- Monitor security prices for entry and exit levels;
- Execute equity, fixed income, and FX trades on a daily basis;
- Invest incoming funds and rebalance existing portfolios into model portfolios;
- Analyze portfolio diversification and identify drifts from desired portfolio allocation;
- Perform equity and fixed income analysis to align with proprietary model portfolios;
- Correspond with clients and the public regarding trades, portfolio activity, and market events;
- Assist Team with ad hoc requests.
- Completion of CSC, CPH, CFA, and licensed with IIROC is required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration is mandatory, while MBA is preferred;
- Experienced in a trading or portfolio management capacity;
- Ability to speak eloquently in client facing and public scenarios is required;
- Desire to attain additional investment industry licences in both Canada and the USA is an asset;
- Advanced understanding of the Capital Markets and various asset classes;
- Highly motivated with the ability to work effectively, independently and as part of a team;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with attention to detail;
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure;
- Problem solving and sound judgment skills with the ability to exercise tact and discretion are essential;
- Excellent time management skills and a demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities with minimal supervision;
- Superior Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills and knowledge of Dataphile is an asset.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
Upon offer, candidates are required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.