Portfolio Administrator, Portfolio Operations
Vancouver – Job #3976
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has offices in 10 countries worldwide, including Wealth Management offices located in Canada, Australia, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, and the Isle of Man. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in Canada, the US, the UK, France, Ireland, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, Australia and Dubai. To us there are no foreign markets.TM
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Portfolio Administrator to join our team on a full-time permanent basis. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Portfolio Operations, Mutual Funds & GICs, the Portfolio Administrator is primarily responsible for administering Canaccord Genuity’s discretionary and non-discretionary portfolio programs.
Skills & Qualifications
- Provide operational support to CGWM portfolio managers and investment advisors managing high net worth clients;
- Execute bond and mutual fund orders;
- Allocate daily equity and preferred share trades on behalf of CGWM portfolio managers;
- Perform ongoing risk management associated with portfolio models and client accounts;
- Setup fee based accounts and process daily and monthly fee calculations;
- Participate in projects to increase operational efficiencies, improve service levels, and reduce costs
- 1-2 years of previous experience in a finance or accountancy role;
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or Economics;
- CFA enrollment and completion of CSC are preferred;
- Very strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proactive, with excellent teamwork skills complemented by the ability to work independently;
- Ability to learn quickly, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
Upon offer, candidates are required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.