Office Services Administrator - Office Services
Vancouver – Job # 3973
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a team player to join our Office Services department in Vancouver on permanent full-time basis. The incumbent will have excellent organizational, communication and customer service skills along with the ability to prioritize and manage a diverse workload.
Our Office Services department is a central point of contact regarding day-to-day operations in support of the business. Department hours are 8am-4pm and position hours are 7am-3pm. The successful incumbent must be willing and able to cover 7am-4pm as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Coordinate outgoing courier requests for local, national, and international deliveries, including inter office; and receive, sign for, and track incoming couriers;
- Record incoming cheques and security certificates and hand-deliver to the Treasury and Securities departments;
- Collect and distribute mail and packages and process incoming and outgoing mail;
- Organize, order, and track office supplies;
- Monitor and distribute incoming faxes;
- Maintain copy paper stock on floors;
- Meet daily, weekly, and monthly department deadlines;
- Respond effectively to department related inquires in a friendly and professional manner via telephone, e-mail, and in person;
- Identify, initiate, and participate in process reviews and continuous improvement initiatives;
- Develop and maintain a high level of expertise and knowledge of the department functions;
- Assist members of the Office Services team, including Reception and Hospitality, as required;
- Assist with and provide input to special projects as identified by the team and Supervisor.
- Similar experience in a professional office environment;
- Previous experience in customer service;
- Previous experience in hospitality is considered an asset;
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs;
- Strong and effective communication skills;
- Strong ability to problem-solve and take initiative;
- Ability to demonstrate a collaborative and forward-thinking approach to process and role development and improvement;
- Strong organization and prioritization skills with the aptitude for tracking and efficiently completing multiple tasks with extreme accuracy;
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, & Word).
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
Upon offer, candidates are required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.