Associate, Financial Planning, Wealth Management
Vancouver – Job # 3953
Are you looking to grow your career in the investment industry and be a part of a dynamic team environment? We are looking for candidates that can add value to our clients through their expertise, hard work and dedication. Pinkowski Wealth Management of Canaccord Genuity is seeking a full-time Financial Planner to work in our downtown Vancouver office.
Canaccord Genuity is a full-service financial services firm and has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
As an integral member of the Wealth Management team, the role of the Financial Planner is to provide the highest level of service and advice to our clients. We believe that a financial plan is vital for individuals to achieve long term investment success. You will also add value by providing clients with guidance and insight on any situation that comes up during different stages of retirement!
Skills & Qualifications:
- Keeping an organized list of financial plans that need to be prepared;
- Initiating the fact find so that you can learn more about their overall financial situation to prepare the financial plan;
- Prepare and present comprehensive financial plans (using NaviPlan software);
- Provide recommendations to address client specific needs or concerns in the areas of financial, investment, retirement, risk management, tax and estate planning;
- Personalize each financial plan to provide expert knowledge around challenges affecting emerging affluent clients, such as: holding companies, employee stock options, individual pension plans, retirement compensation agreements, charitable giving, etc.;
- Analyze clients unique tax situations to provide strategies;
- Maintain ongoing relationships with clients in a team context.
- Completion of or currently pursuing Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation is a requirement;
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in all aspects of financial planning;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong presentation skills;
- Investment industry knowledge required;
- Insurance industry knowledge is an asset;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Experience with planning software: Naviplan is a requirement;
- Ability to work effectively independently and in team environments;
- Proven networking and client acquisition skills, with the ability to cultivate strong partner relationships.
To learn more about the team and Canaccord Genuity, visit www.pinkowski.ca
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Upon offer, candidates are required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.