Human Resources Advisor, Human Resources
Toronto – Job # 5359
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Human Resources Advisor to join our Toronto team to support our Wealth Management division.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Prepare complex offer letter and other HR-related agreements which require diligent follow-up;
- Advise on general inquiries from employees and managers, in a timely fashion, to ensure HR processes, policies and legislation are adhered to;
- Work closely with the Manager of Human Resources in Vancouver;
- Administer and process new hire, change/transfer, departure packages, compensation changes, vacation eligibility, etc.;
- Assist with conflict management, employee grievance proceedings, and terminations;
- Educate employees and managers on Canaccord Genuity’s performance management process and other HR programs;
- Onboard new employees, including follow up to ensure relevant documents are completed;
- Ensure that all employee deadlines are met, required paperwork is received and all communication to employees and managers is relayed in a timely manner;
- Submit relevant information to Payroll and Benefits to ensure salary and benefits payments are processed in a timely manner;
- Enter high volume of data into HRIS with a high level of accuracy;
- Maintain and update HRIS to ensure information is accurate and up to date;
- Provide support in the implementation of various HR projects and initiatives;
- Assist with internal training initiatives, as required;
- Assist with the development and revision of HR policies and procedures, as required;
- Perform additional ad-hoc HR duties.
- Minimum of 3 years of HR generalist experience in a high-volume medium/large organization, preferably in the financial services or legal industry;
- CPHR Designation an asset;
- Strong drive and motivation to succeed, with a high degree of flexibility to adapt to multiple and competing priorities;
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent attention to detail while maintaining high standards;
- Excellent ability to manage high volumes of information in an organized fashion;
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to work strategically and proactively;
- The ability to demonstrate confidentiality and discretion;
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills, complemented by excellent follow-up skills;
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills;
- Strong team focus and the ability to work effectively both independently and in a group setting;
- Good knowledge of HR practices, policies, and standards, with an understanding of confidentiality and protocol;
- Ability and willingness to learn new systems applications;
- Experience with Workday an asset;
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and HRIS;
- Bilingual in French would be advantageous.
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
Upon offer, candidates are required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding. #INDHP