Associate, Investor Relations & Communications – Investor Relations
Toronto – Job # 5356
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. is currently looking for an Associate for its Investor Relations & Communications division in Toronto. This is a key support role in the corporate offices of the publicly listed Company.
This position requires a highly motivated, organized and reliable candidate, with strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple projects and ad-hoc demands with limited supervision. The ideal candidate will have exceptional writing and computer skills and demonstrated experience working in a corporate environment.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Provide day‐to‐day support for Investor Relations & Communications using a high degree of sensitivity and discretion in dealing with confidential and proprietary matters;
- Coordinate the quarterly financial results disclosure process and assist in the drafting, preparation and proofreading of materials, contributing to press releases, internal communications, scripts and and presentation materials;
- Proofread, fact check and liaise between teams to gather information and ensure that quarterly and annual reporting obligations are met in an accurate and thorough manner;
- Assist in the development and management of tools to monitor and produce regular reports regarding peer monitoring, shareholder ownership analytics, and related activity reports
- Actively monitor daily global, traditional and social media for relevant news and developments; prepare weekly and quarterly media monitoring reports;
- Support ongoing projects, including management of third-party vendor relationships; take initiative to ensure projects remain on track for timely completion;
- Manage conference call and webcast logistics with internal and external providers; coordinate with news wire and regulatory filing services;
- Maintain and archive electronic and physical disclosure records;
- Manage content updates on internal and external websites;
- Collaborate with internal and external partners (e.g. vendors, newswire, transfer agents, marketing and technology teams) to ensure that projects are executed professionally, with consideration for all relevant stakeholder groups;
- Perform miscellaneous administrative duties (expense payments, meeting coordination, calendar management, etc.).
- Three to five years related work experience, preferably in a corporate environment and ideally with a TSX-listed company;
- Professional writing experience, with a proven ability to distill complex data into a clear narrative for stakeholders;
- Financial literacy and familiarity with financial statements and related disclosures;
- Advanced MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) are an absolute requirement, along with a willingness and ability to learn new software;
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, InDesign, and the capacity to learn other custom software as required;
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills and a demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities with minimal supervision;
- Professional demeanor to deal effectively with senior IR, legal and finance team members, as well as external vendors and other stakeholders;
- Post-secondary degree in a related field of study or equivalent education and experience;
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet project or financial reporting demands.
- A detailed cover letter is required. If applying online, please submit both cover letter and resume as one document;
- Candidates selected for interviews will be asked to demonstrate writing and software skills.
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
Upon offer, candidates are required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.