Associate Investment Advisor, Cash Management Group – Vancouver, BC – Job # 3862
The Cash Management Group
at Canaccord Genuity is looking for an Associate Investment Advisor to join our high-performing team of finance professionals. We manage over $2.5 billion in client assets and employ like-minded individuals who display grit, integrity, hard work, and an ability to think outside the box.
Do you love sales and want to elevate your career to the next level? We are looking for a highly motivated individual to assist in managing and growing our Private Client business. Would your ideal role involve interaction with high-net worth individuals and c-level executives? That opportunity is here.
This position demands a blend of talent, sales experience and well-developed interpersonal skills. Working closely with a team of eighteen finance professionals in an open office environment, you will be provided with mentoring and training to ensure you fully understand the way our business is conducted. You have a strong work ethic and positive attitude that contributes to growing the Private Wealth division of our business. This is a full time position out of our downtown Vancouver office.
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
The Company has offices in 10 countries worldwide, including Wealth Management offices located in Canada, Australia, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, and the Isle of Man. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in Canada, the US, the UK, France, Ireland, Hong Kong, China, Australia and Dubai. We are driven by your success.™
Skills & Qualifications:
- Associate Investment Advisor to the Cash Management Group and associates;
- Initiate leads and cold calls to prospective clients;
- Deliver in-person presentations to prospective clients;
- Maintenance of client relationships;
- Prepare and validate investment order entries;
- Prepare new client account opening documents;
- Perform data entry and follow up with clients via phone and email;
- Provide ad hoc administrative support.
What we have to offer:
- Valid license with IIROC required;
- An undergraduate degree or higher level of education;
- 3 to 5 years of work experience as a licensed Investment Advisor;
- Willing and eager to make cold calls;
- Experience with rejection in sales;
- High level of professionalism;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Attention to detail is a must with the ability to articulate clearly;
- Self-starter attributes, motivated and hardworking;
- Adaptability to work in a constantly changing and highly demanding environment;
- Vibrant and professional demeanor;
- Able to present a polished appearance in a formal business environment;
- Comfortable using cloud and Android applications: WhatsApp, Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs,) Box, Salesforce, LinkedIn, and Slack.
- Competitive salary and potential for bonuses;
- Competitive benefits package including Medical / Dental coverage;
- The Cash Management Group provides RRSP matching and other benefits including: weekly catered lunches, health & wellness perks, fun team events, and daily healthy snacks.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are requested to send a resume and cover letter quoting the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
and their LinkedIn Profile URL.
Contact us at 604.643.0101
to confirm receipt of your application. Only those applicants who confirm receipt of their resume will be considered for this position. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
This posting will remain open until a qualified candidate is hired. To learn more about the team and Canaccord Genuity, visit www.cgcashgroup.ca
Want to get noticed? Follow us on Instagram (@cgcashgroup)
and subscribe to our YouTube Channel (Cash Management Group
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.