Business Analyst - IT
Vancouver – Job # 3951
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a motivated and detail-oriented Business Analyst to join our IT Department for a full-time, permanent role.
This role requires a dynamic individual who is highly skilled in elicitation of business requirements along with working through the planning, design, testing and implementation stages of system changes, working with internal business stakeholders, IT specialists and 3rd party vendors.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process analysis, use cases or user stories, task and workflow analysis;
- Write requirements specifications for internal and external development teams utilizing standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly and concisely;
- Perform requirements analysis and verification to ensure requirement statements are complete, consistent, traceable, feasible, verifiable and that they conform to standards;
- Prepare test plans and document test scripts for validating that developed solutions accurately address identified requirements;
- Provide subject matter expertise and Tier 3 support for one or more systems;
- Capture and document operation’s transition plans for post-implementation of a solution;
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of business analysis experience;
- Ability to elicit, structure, document and validate business requirements;
- Post-secondary education/certification in business-related or technical disciplines;
- High proficiency with MS Office applications;
- Skilled in business process redesign, with complex business models and technology;
- Knowledge of SDLC methodologies;
- Strong communication and facilitation skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to grasp abstract concepts;
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment, with the ability to set and meet deadlines while working on multiple projects at a time;
- Experience analyzing data via SQL or file parsing is preferred;
- Experience with Pega applications an asset;
- Experience with Dataphile an asset.
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.