Associate – Diversified, Investment Banking
Toronto– Job # 5345
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our integrated team brings unique international perspective and deep industry expertise to our clients in critical sectors of the global economy: Technology, Media, Telecommunications, Consumer Products, Transportation and Industrials, Real Estate and Infrastructure, Sustainability, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Financials, Metals and Mining, and Energy. We are also a leading investment bank in a variety of emerging sectors, including Cannabis, eSports, Blockchain, AI and Health & Wellness.
Canaccord Genuity provides unparalleled leadership in M&A, restructuring, and corporate finance services. Canaccord Genuity has advised on some of the largest and most prominent transactions in the country, including advising Viterra on its sale to Glencore, Primaris on its hostile defense and ultimate sale to H&R and KingSett, Amaya Gaming Group on its acquisition of PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker and Yellow Media on its debt restructuring. In addition, Canaccord Genuity has led more equity financings in the last eleven years than any other investment bank in Canada and has been the leading underwriter in Initial Public Offerings in Canada for the last two years.
- Work alongside deal teams consisting of Canaccord Genuity professionals at all levels including the senior principles, on a variety of advisory and financing transactions in a variety of diversified sectors;
- Play a key role in all aspects of developing and executing transactions, including:
- financial analysis
- value analysis
- detailed modeling
- preparation of presentation materials
- research of company and industry dynamics
- conducting due diligence
- preparation of offering documents
- marketing transactions
Skills & Qualifications:
- Completion of a university degree in a business-related discipline and/or CA or CFA;
- Minimum of three (3) years of investment banking experience in a similar role – experience in both M&A and corporate finance preferred;
- Solid quantitative skills including strong financial modeling skills;
- Strong analytical ability and written communication skills;
- Resourceful, diligent and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence. To apply, please Click Here. We recommend that all internal applicants advise their direct manager/supervisor about their interest in other job opportunities prior to sending in their job application.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.