International Trade Support, Sales & Trading
Toronto – Job # 5343
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is looking for an enthusiastic person with excellent organizational, communication and computer skills along with the ability to prioritize a complex and busy workload to join our International Trading support team. Please note this position requires early start times.
Skills & qualifications:
- Manage settlement issues with our operations department in Vancouver;
- Assist Traders with processing and confirming client transactions;
- Learn and utilize all aspects of the ACT (automated confirmation transaction service) system;
- Assist balancing inventory positions a daily basis;
- Monitor buy-in activity including submitting intents and executions to clients;
- Perform various administrative duties as requested;
- Participate in projects of varying nature which require input or leadership from the Trading Department.
- Applicant must have extensive settlement experience;
- Applicant must be interested and self-motivated in learning the various aspects of the Trading environment and the systems that support Trading;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills complemented by similar interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Ability to solve and think through new problems as they present themselves in a fast paced trading environment;
- Attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure;
- Strong organization, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills;
- Minimum 3-4 years administrative experience, preference given to those with financial services industry background;
- Strong MS office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Good knowledge of CDSX and DTCC processes;
- Familiarity with Canadian and US Buy-in rules;
- Familiarity with Execlear and Dataphile is an asset.
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.