Accounts Payable Specialist – Accounts Payable
Vancouver – Job # 3918
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for an enthusiastic and a positive individual with excellent organizational and communication skills, along with the ability to prioritize and manage a complex workload, to join our Accounts Payable department.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Prepare invoices for payment by checking coding and calculations entered in SAP Concur (AP system);
- Set up new vendors for payments;
- Enter and upload invoices and allocations into MS Dynamics D365 (GL system);
- Process journal entries for cheque deposits and reclass journals;
- Reconcile AP ledger accounts, corporate credit accounts and vendor accounts;
- Perform payment runs (including cheques, electronic fund payments and wire transfers);
- Liaison with various departments, and branches throughout Canada and external vendors;
- Assist with mid-year/year-end audit by preparing samples;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum of 2-4 years Accounts Payable experience;
- General Accounting Experience;
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel and Outlook);
- Data Entry Skills (typing and calculator skills);
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines & work under pressure with attention to detail;
- Strong reconciliation skills combined with excellent prioritization and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics D365 and SAP Concur an asset.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.