Senior Credit Specialist - Credit
Toronto – Job # 5341
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently seeking an experienced Credit Administrator to join us in a Senior capacity in our Toronto office. This role will report into the Manager, Credit based in Vancouver. The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring of Credit reports and ensuring compliance with regulatory agencies, ensuring timely settlement of accounts and safeguarding of the firm’s capital.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Monitor daily credit reports including Cash and Margin Reports;
- Communicate with Investment Advisors to ensure prompt settlement of accounts;
- Initiate sell-outs where overdue accounts have not been resolved or margin calls have not been met;
- Oversee accounts which are highly leveraged or concentrated in one security to minimize the firm’s overall exposure;
- Respond to ongoing market fluctuations of individual accounts or particular securities that represent special credit risks;
- Assess acceptability of Buy/Short Sell orders that are entered through the Order Management System according to the size and suitability of the trade;
- Approve withdrawal of funds or securities from client accounts;
- Respond to inquiries from Investment Advisors pertaining to Credit Issues.
- Five to seven years of experience in Credit;
- Thorough knowledge of cash and margin rules and regulations;
- Understanding of Option accounts and principles of margining option positions;
- Strong organizational skills complemented by the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- A self-starter with the ability to excel in a high volume work environment;
- Ability to take initiative and make sound decisions based on good judgment;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) skills;
- Knowledge of Dataphile as well as Industry-related courses is an asset.
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.