UX Specialist, Finlogik
Ontario – Job # 6040
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Finlogik, one of the company’s subsidiaries, is a company founded in Montreal and which benefits from the flexibility of a startup while evolving within the financial corporation Canaccord Genuity. By offering innovative online tools and automated services to the investment management industry, Finlogik provides financial institutions with the opportunity to streamline their processes by adopting the same disruptive innovations that are currently shaking the business models of traditional firms. We are based in the heart of Old Montreal and offer a work environment with open concept offices offering a breathtaking view of the historic district.
Our Finlogik Product Strategy and Design team is looking for a creative, talented and motivated UX professional who's passionate about creating incredible user experiences to work remotely with the team in Montreal. You are the ideal candidate if you are a self-starting team player with a strong drive and a broad user-centered design experience. You will work with our current team of UX and UI professionals and collaborate with our various product teams to build the next user experience of our software ecosystem. As a UX Specialist we will count on you to leverage your expertise and work with the Manager, Digital CX when it comes to choosing the right methods for each project, propose design concepts and create advanced prototypes when appropriate. You will be working with a fun, passionate and creative team that is dedicated to equip our customers to succeed in a rapidly changing omni-channel world.
This will be a remote position based in Ontario and will be working with the team in Montreal. Occasional travel to Montreal office will be required post-pandemic.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Craft learnable, consistent, yet simple experiences for financial application systems;
- Collaborate with product teams, and other UX team members from ideation to execution to crafting compelling user experiences for our internal and external users;
- Gain sufficient domain knowledge with our products to recommend appropriate UX improvements, that enhance our platform flexibility and competitive edge;
- Leverage your skills and experience to craft design strategies that expand beyond UI;
- Lead, organise and conduct user research studies that scale properly to each project’s need, scope and timelines;
- Create and lead various workshops to engage with broader teams when required;
- Participate actively in creating design artifacts like, scenario-based personas, hierarchical task analysis, journey and ecosystem maps, service blueprints, user workflow diagrams, interactive prototypes, etc.;
- Collaborate with the Manager, Digital CX on various strategic initiatives;
- Promote and influence a user centered mindset shift throughout the organisation;
- Leverage your critical thinking skills in various situations to challenge the status quo at many levels, not just the immediate UI at end;
- Actively contribute in design reviews and critiques, and encourage both constructive feedback of your peers and welcome their feedback on your own designs, all in the pursuit of improvement and continuous learning.
- Bachelor degree in UX design, industrial design, human factors OR a combination of pertinent work experience and an education in related domains;
- 4 - 6 years of work experience in UX or combination of experience in UX coupled with another related position such as business analysis or industrial design;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Fluency in French is preferred;
- Previous experience working in complex domains;
- Proven success in designing intuitive user interfaces on large and complex applications on multiple platforms, backed by your portfolio;
- High proficiency with Figma , XD , Sketch or similar prototyping platform;
- Hands on experience with different research methods;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality design and research output;
- Strong communication skills that enable you to convey design intent to the project teams and executives;
- Strong time management skills, the ability to juggle multiple priorities and projects;
- Ability to demonstrate your passion for continual learning and your can-do attitude;
- Previous experience in developing beyond HTML is an asset;
- Exposure to Customer Experience, System Design, and Service Design would be an advantage;
- Experience with UX in the context of Artificial Intelligence is beneficial;
- Knowledge of UX writing is an asset;
- Experience working with Scrum development teams;
- Ability to travel from time to time to Montreal office, Canadian and International locations for UX related activities (once it is deemed safe to do so).
Finlogik welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume, a portfolio and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Finlogik, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.