Application Systems Analyst - IT
Toronto – Job # 3936
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for an Application Systems Analyst to join our team. The Application Systems Analyst will be part of the IT Application Support team responsible for providing application support and administration services on key financial applications. The hours for this role range from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm or 9:00 am – 5:00 pm EST and the candidate must be flexible to work after hours and/or on weekends as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Provide help desk support for financial applications;
- Conduct technical analysis and application troubleshooting;
- Perform system administration and system configuration;
- Execute operational tasks;
- Build ad-hoc reports, create and maintain team’s operational documentation;
- Facilitate user training;
- Perform user acceptance and post-production deployment testing;
- Assist in coordinating system releases to the production environment;
- Liaise with internal groups and external vendors on production incidents and other service requests.
- 3+ years of Dataphile and/or brokerage/financial experience;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Good technical aptitude with a good knowledge of integration of applications, databases, networks, and security;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to prioritize and handle many simultaneous tasks;
- Ability to create system documentation;
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing business needs;
- Ability to grasp technical and business concepts quickly;
- Proficient with MS Office applications;
- Good working knowledge of SQL database and queries an asset.
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.