Investment Advisor Assistant (12-14 month contract), Wealth Management
Vancouver – Job #3937
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for an energetic, organized and detail oriented individual to join our Wealth Management team in Vancouver. The successful candidate would be supporting two Investment Advisors while working closely with their teams in establishing and maintaining strong client relationships internally and externally.
This is a 12-14 month full time contract role with the possibilities of extension.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Support and collaborate with an established Investor Advisor Team to continue building excellent client relationships and a growing brokerage business;
- Assist Investment Advisors with processing and confirming client transactions;
- Deal directly with clients, provide quotes and assist with executing trading orders;
- Maintain account lists and compile statistical information and reports;
- Process and follow-up on client documentation for proper maintenance of accounts;
- Assist with servicing existing clients;
- Involvement in developing the wealth business using various marketing initiatives;
- Perform additional administrative duties as required.
- Completion of or working towards CSC, CPH and licensing with IIROC;
- 1-3 years of related experience, with a well-rounded knowledge of the securities industry;
- Fluency in English is a must, additionally fluency in German or Spanish is an asset;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, with a strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, take initiatives and multi-task;
- Ability to project, emulate and be a continuation of the strong work ethic displayed by the Investment Advisor team in caring for client’s accounts and objectives;
- Ability to work independently, and effectively with co-workers and clients at all levels;
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills: good working knowledge of MS Office programs;
- Knowledge of Dataphile and NetX 360 is an asset.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.