Intern, Investment Banking (8 Month Contract), Investment Banking
Montreal – Job # 6039
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our capital markets division, Canaccord Genuity, is seeking an Intern to join its Diversified Investment Banking group in Montreal. This internship will start in May 2021 and will continue for an 8-month term. Analysts in this group are generalists, gaining experience across the full spectrum of non-resource industries (including Consumer Products, Financials, Media, Industrials, Real Estate, Technology, Telecommunications) and product groups (Corporate Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions and Restructuring).
Our Intern program provides a leading learning experience, with weekly training sessions and a high-level of responsibility. Interns will benefit from small deal teams and exposure to senior level bankers. In addition, this program is viewed as the primary source of candidates for full-time Analyst opportunities.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Research company and industry dynamics;
- Perform financial analysis and value analysis;
- Perform detailed modeling;
- Develop and execute transactions;
- Prepare offering documents and marketing transactions;
- Organize presentation materials.
- Strong technical and analytical abilities;
- Bilingual (English/French);
- Passion for business, finance and economics;
- Exceptional academic track record;
- Superior communication skills, with the ability to explain financial analyses verbally and in writing;
- Strong dedication to the team and excellent work ethic;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment;
- Competency with MS Office (strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is required);
- Previous relevant work experience is an asset;
- Participation in relevant extra-curricular activities an asset.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.