Senior Business Analyst (12-month contract) - IT
Vancouver – Job # 3934
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operations are looking for an experienced Business Analyst seeking their next challenge to join our IT department. The Senior Business Analyst will work with the IT Business Services team and will be involved in a variety of tasks that are focused on delivering change improvements to systems and processes for Canaccord Genuity’s business groups.
The Senior Business Analyst will interact with internal and external client groups, including business stakeholders, management, IT specialists and vendors. This role requires a high degree of collaboration while working on concurrent change initiatives. Strong competencies are needed in all stages of business analysis; including project management from the investigation of business requirements to the successful implementation of system and process changes.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Work with business sponsors to capture process workflows and identify opportunities for process improvements;
- Identify and document problem statements, impact assessments, success factors, constraints and potential risks associated with the initiation of a project;
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process analysis, use cases or user stories, task and workflow analysis;
- Write requirements specifications for internal and external development teams; utilizing standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly and concisely;
- Perform requirements analysis and verification to ensure requirement statements are complete, consistent, traceable, feasible, verifiable and that they conform to standards;
- Coordinate requirements validation activities to confirm that a solution based on the documented requirements will meet the business needs and achieve the identified objectives;
- Prepare test plans and document test scripts for validating that developed solutions accurately address identified requirements;
- Create and maintain system documentation, including operations manuals, service level agreements, and team knowledge bases;
- Capture and document operation’s transition plans for post-implementation of a solution;
- Become familiar with various Canaccord Genuity business unit processes and applications for the purpose of providing recommendations of potential improvements and/or provide assistance to IT Operations with application issue resolution;
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- 5 to 7 years of business analysis experience in the financial services industry;
- Post-secondary education/certification in business-related and technical disciplines;
- Skilled in business process redesign, with complex business models and technology;
- Experience working with APIs is preferred;
- High proficiency with MS Office applications;
- Strong communication and facilitation skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to grasp abstract concepts;
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment, with the ability to set and meet deadlines while working on multiple projects at a time;
- Software development background is an asset;
- Experience with Dataphile an asset.
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.