Associate, Research – Real Estate – Research
Toronto– Job # 5335
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operations are currently looking for a motivated individual to join the Toronto equity research team as a research associate with our real estate team.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Provide research support to the Research Analysts;
- Conduct company, industry and macro-economic research;
- Coordinate, generate and maintain research reports, presentations and databases;
- Develop and maintain complex financial models;
- Assist with coordinating quarterly reporting initiatives;
- Support and answer client queries;
- Assist with special projects, presentations and initiatives as assigned.
- A finance or business degree with CPA, CA or CFA designation an asset;
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant financial services or accounting experience, including equity research, investment banking, private equity, asset management, etc.;
- A demonstrable interest in capital markets;
- Direct experience with and a solid understanding of financial modeling, valuation analysis, accounting, and portfolio management;
- Superior verbal and written communications skills;
- Strong analytical capacity including advanced MS Excel skills;
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direction under tight deadlines and multiple priorities while maintaining keen attention to detail;
- Flexibility to work long hours (evenings and weekends).
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.