Payroll Specialist (6 months contract), Finance
Vancouver – Job # 3925
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a motivated individual with strong payroll knowledge and excellent organizational skills to join our group of professionals. We are looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our Canadian Payroll Team. This position reports directly to the Corporate Controller, Financial Reporting.
This is a full time, contractual role for 6 months with possibilities of going permanent.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Coordinate and manage the employee compensation program;
- Back-fill support to Payroll Team
- Assist in processing a full-cycle bi-monthly payroll;
- Assist with the review and documentation of current payroll processes;
- Assist with controls and auditing documentation and testing;
- Verify and process new hires, transfers, promotions
- Accurately administer employee changes such as RRSP, ESPP, banking, tax;
- Ensure company is following best practices in payroll and is in compliance with all required payroll legislation and regulations;
- Assist in preparing and delivering various reporting or spreadsheets;
- Work closely and collaboratively with other members of the payroll and HR team;
- Respond to general payroll informational requests and inquiries from employees;
- Perform ad hoc projects and other related duties as assigned.
- 2 – 5 years of payroll experience;
- PCP Certification from Canadian Payroll Association is an asset;
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills;
- Adaptable to changes in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment;
- Proven ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.