Mutual Fund & GIC Administrator - Mutual Funds & GICs
Vancouver – Job # 3931
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is looking for a Mutual Fund & GIC Administrator to join our team on a full-time permanent basis. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Portfolio Operations, Mutual Funds & GICs, the Mutual Fund & GIC Administrator is responsible for handling daily mutual fund and GIC transactions as well as effectively communicating with portfolio managers, investment advisors and fund manufacturers.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Execute mutual fund and GIC transactions with a high level of accuracy;
- Analyze mutual fund order rejections and communicate back to investment advisors and fund manufacturers;
- Initiate trade confirmation and wire payment instructions to GIC issuers;
- Reconcile and maintain client accounts to match fund manufacturer and GIC issuer records;
- Manage accounts payable for the department;
- Process mutual fund commissions and trailer fees;
- Monitor fund disclosure document delivery failures;
- Administer non-financial changes;
- Assist with other department functions as required.
- 1-2 years of previous experience in a finance or accountancy role preferred;
- Very strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to learn quickly, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Effective analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Positive and proactive attitude;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Experience with Dataphile and FundSERV an asset.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.