Talent Specialist – Human Resources
Vancouver – Job # 3930
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for an outgoing and enthusiastic Talent Specialist to join their team on a full-time, permanent basis. The Talent Specialist’s key goal is to promote an environment that reflects Canaccord Genuity’s core values and helps attract talent to our organization.
As the Talent Specialist, you will report to the Manager, Human Resources and work closely with the Human Resources team both in Toronto and Vancouver. The talent team is responsible for overseeing the full cycle recruitment process across our Canadian offices. You will provide support to Hiring Managers while also managing the candidate experience. We are seeking a candidate who has exceptional communication and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize within a fast-paced environment.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ensure required staffing approvals are in place and then meet with Hiring Managers to develop a tailored recruitment strategy;
- Partner with Hiring Managers to compose/update job postings and post jobs on a variety of platforms;
- Manage candidate pipeline via Applicant Tracking System (CATS) ensuring data remains accurate and up-to-date;
- Screen and submit qualified applicants to Hiring Managers;
- Conduct and schedule phone, in-person and/or video-conference interviews;
- Manage the candidate experience by following-up with internal/external candidates, keeping them informed of the recruitment process;
- Act as the liaison between the candidate and the hiring manager;
- Coordinate appropriate technical assessments, as required;
- Conduct candidate reference checks according to Canaccord Genuity standards;
- Provide coaching and potential hire recommendations to managers;
- Gather offer details from Hiring Manager and present offers to selected candidates;
- Prepare recruitment metric reporting as required;
- Develop and manage relationships with external staffing agencies, post-secondary institutions, industry associations, internal client groups and the extended HR team;
- Stay current on the organization’s structure, policies and legislation regarding employment practices;
- Support current and future business needs; develop and implement recruitment strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business requirements;
- Assist with special HR projects as required.
- 2 - 3 years of recruitment experience, ideally within the financial services industry;
- HR Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in related field an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with an understanding of confidentiality;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Experience with Workday is an asset;
- Fluency in French language is an asset;
- Ability to work well with others across various office locations;
- Excellent teamwork skills complemented by the ability to work well independently;
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills, with the ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel and Outlook)with the ability and willingness to learn new applications.
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.