Talent Coordinator (6 month contract), Human Resources
Toronto - Job #5331
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (“Company”) is a leading independent, full-services financial firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for an outgoing and enthusiastic Talent Coordinator to join their team. The Talent Coordinator’s key goal is to promote an environment that reflects Canaccord Genuity’s core values and helps attract talent to our organization.
The Talent Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the Talent team in the full cycle recruitment process, providing support to Hiring Managers while also managing the candidate experience. We are seeking a candidate who has exceptional communication and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize within a fast-paced environment. This is a full time role for a 6 month contract. This role requires flexibility as the need arises for varied hours due to time zones across Canada.
- Partner with the Talent Team and Hiring Managers to compose/update job postings and post jobs (remaining compliant with Canaccord Genuity branding standards) on a variety of platforms;
- Manage candidate pipeline via Applicant Tracking System (CATS); ensuring data remains accurate and up-to-date;
- Screen qualified applicants’, conduct phone interviews and schedule in-person or video-conference interviews;
- Undertake reference checks for preferred candidates as part of the recruitment process;
- Manage the candidate experience by following-up with internal/external candidates, keeping them informed of the recruitment process;
- Conduct candidate reference checks according to Canaccord Genuity standards;
- Assist with special HR projects as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of administrative and/or recruitment experience, ideally within the financial services industry;
- HR Diploma or bachelor’s degree in related field is an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with an understanding of confidentiality;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Excellent teamwork skills complemented by the ability to work well independently;
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure;
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel and Outlook); with the ability and willingness to learn new applications.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.