Business Analyst – Risk & Treasury
Toronto – Job # 5330
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Business Analyst to join our team in Toronto. Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer & Treasurer, this BA role will work on implementing new systems as well as assessing current workflows and understanding technology. The focus of the role will be on change initiatives that are key for improving processes and systems that support Canaccord Genuity’s business growth and improve the services from our Treasury & Risk operations.
This role requires a dynamic detail-oriented individual who is highly skilled in elicitation of business requirements along with working through the planning, design, testing and implementation stages of system changes as well as working with internal business stakeholders, IT specialists and 3rd party vendors.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Participate in project delivery; including testing, training, defining and documenting procedures/policies ensuring successful system and process change implementations;
- Work with the key stakeholders of the business area to develop a solid knowledge base of their business services products and processes;
- Investigate, analyze and document business process and system change requirements;
- Perform workflow analysis that identifies change improvement solutions;
- Ensure priorities are identified and the information system opportunities and/or needs of the business unit are clearly documented and put forward for approval in an orderly and timely manner;
- Provide subject matter expertise and Tier 3 support for one or more systems;
- Interface with external vendors and the IT development team ensuring the detailed business requirements to support development are communicated clearly between the developer and end user;
- Interface with IT and other departments to source data for audit requirements;
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Possesses a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics, Math or Engineering;
- Possesses a strong knowledge of corporate reporting (Executive or Enterprise Information Systems, Cognos BI applications and an understanding of SQL queries is required);
- Strength with Microsoft Desktop products with an Advanced Level Excel skillset;
- Experience with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) is required;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required;
- Skilled in business process redesign, with complex business models and technology;
- Preferably has 3 or more years of business analysis experience in the financial investment industry;
- Ideally possesses working knowledge of operational teams supporting both a Capital Markets and Wealth Management businesses;
- Additional certification in business-related and/or technical disciplines considered an asset;
- Pursuit of CFA or risk-specific designation (e.g. FRM) would be considered an asset;
- Ideally has experience with Dataphile Software Applications;
- Mature, highly motivated and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills and ability to grasp abstract concepts;
- Must be able to work effectively on team projects.
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.