Treasury Administrator – Treasury
Toronto – Job # 3905
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for an experienced individual with exceptional multi-tasking and interpersonal skills to join our Treasury team. Reporting to the Manager of Treasury, the successful candidate will work in a high volume, fast-paced environment, where they can bring knowledge of Treasury Banking and can learn and grow within the Treasury department.
The incumbent will be required to work some statutory holidays, and should have the ability to work overtime as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Assist Supervisor in organizing, and prioritizing workloads according to volumes in order to maintain maximum effectiveness within the department;
- Provide back-up coverage to the Supervisor in their absence;
- Carry out timely and accurate processing and administrative duties
- Prepare departmental statistics package;
- Problem solve and research to resolve complex issues, and escalate issues to Supervisor as required;
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of transaction executions within various banking systems and journal entries to client and general ledger accounts;
- Provide support and assistance to staff and Supervisor as required;
- Remain current in industry “Best Practices” in order to provide support and coverage within the Treasury- Cash Management department as required.
- 3-5 years of related Financial Services experience;
- Well-rounded knowledge of “Best Practices” within the Securities/Financial and Banking Industries
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Ambitious, hardworking and self-motivated;
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure;
- General accounting skills;
- Intermediate to Expert Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Experience with Online Banking Systems and Dataphile application is an asset.
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.