Business Analyst – Operations
Vancouver – Job # 3919
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Business Analyst to join our team. Reporting to the Vice President, Operations, this role will work on change initiatives that are key for improving processes and systems that support Canaccord Genuity’s business growth and improve the services from our Operations group.
This role requires a dynamic detail-oriented individual who is highly skilled in elicitation of business requirements along with working through the planning, design, testing and implementation stages of system changes working with internal business stakeholders, IT specialists and third party vendors.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Work with the key stakeholders of the business area to develop a solid knowledge base of their business services products and processes;
- Investigate, analyze and document business process and system change requirements;
- Perform workflow analysis that identifies change improvement solutions;
- Ensure priorities are identified and the information system opportunities and/or needs of the business unit are clearly documented and put forward for approval in an orderly and timely manner;
- Interface with external vendors and the IT development team ensuring the detailed business requirements to support development are communicated clearly between the developer and end user;
- Participate in project delivery; including testing, training, defining and documenting procedures/policies ensuring successful system and process change implementations.
- Preferably has three or more years of business analysis experience in the financial investment industry;
- Ideally possesses working knowledge of Operational teams supporting both a Capital Markets and Wealth Management brokerage entity;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required;
- Mature, highly motivated and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strength with Microsoft Desktop products with an Advanced Level Excel skillset;
- Skilled in business process redesign, with complex business models and technology;
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills and ability to grasp abstract concepts;
- Ability to set, commit to and meet deadlines;
- Must be able to work effectively on team projects;
- Possess post-secondary education/certification in business related and technical disciplines;
- Preference to have experience with Dataphile Software Applications and a strong knowledge of corporate reporting (Executive or Enterprise Information Systems, Cognos BI applications and an understanding of SQL queries is an asset) and/or a good working knowledge of CDS and DTC.
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.