Associate, Digital Marketing – Capital Markets, Marketing
Toronto - Job # 5326
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian Capital Markets team is currently looking for an individual who will work to strategically develop and execute key digital marketing, advertising, and communication initiatives. The candidate must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. This role requires someone with strong interpersonal skills, patience and a passion for problem-solving. The individual will work closely with the Global Head of Marketing, Marketing teams within Canada and the US, as well as internal partners within investment banking, compliance operations, and technology support.
Acting as a liaison between Canadian Capital Markets and the Global Marketing team, the candidate must have the ability to work across various marketing disciplines, juggle multiple tasks, and be an active participant in global marketing initiatives with the Marketing team in operational activities related to digital content, websites, analytics, and email programs and initiatives.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Identify external communications opportunities to support business priorities, executive profile-building and overall reputation, including traditional and social media as well as thought leadership;
- Collaborate with Canadian Investment Banking to create processes for efficiency in transaction and deal marketing:
- Act as a resource for Canadian Investment Banking team to ensure knowledge of available marketing strategy and resources;
- Track deals including – transaction details, deal team, etc;
- Assist with developing and supporting social media campaigns on LinkedIn;
- Create direct marketing campaigns for electronic distribution;
- Act as a resource for regional marketing teams on global initiatives and collateral.
- Support the firm’s digital marketing efforts through internal and external facing platforms:
- Facilitate Canadian internal transaction communications.
- Post timely updates for Canadian Capital Markets on cgf.com: including tombstones, personnel events and bio updates, etc;
- Make recommendations to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords;
- Analyze digital data to draw key recommendations and ensure best practices around optimizing website and social media channels.
- Assist in administering the Global Intranet to help ensure internal access of information:
- Update timely content including internal communications, deal announcements, or other relevant details;
- Ensure internal staff members are aware of the resources present through internal communications initiatives;
- Drive improvements and suggestions continuously to the global Intranet platform.
- Minimum 3-5 years of proven experience in digital and online marketing in a financial services environment;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize workflow and perform effectively under tight time constraints;
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, in particular - InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator;
- Outstanding attention to detail and high-quality standards;
- Proactive, innovative, creative and enthusiastic in approach;
- Self-motivated, taking pride in an accurate and professional work result, within a deadline driven environment;
- Strong professionalism and ability to build partnerships at all levels;
- Ability to plan and manage projects at both strategic and operational levels;
- Demonstrated success in implementing digital/online marketing programs and campaigns;
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment;
- Extremely effective public speaking skills and presence.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.