Application Programmer / Analyst (9-month contract) - Information Technology
Vancouver – Job # 3916
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a highly motivated and talented Application Programmer/Analyst, to join the IT Team based in Vancouver for a 9-month contract.
The focus of the role will be API development and support while handling Client Access support and enhancements.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Design, develop and test solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring successful delivery of new projects using modern application development and DevOps technologies (e.g. App Service, containers, serverless, cloud native, etc.) as appropriate;
- Review application release packages and deployment documentation for completeness;
- Create and maintain technical documentation for any systems developed;
- Assist Business Systems Analysts in creating functional specifications, application data analysis, and technical feasibility assessments as required;
- Collaborate with other IT groups and application owners in identifying root cause of problems and their resolution;
- Research and experiment with new technologies and disseminate knowledge to other developers and analysts.
- 7+ years’ experience as a software developer on a Microsoft Technology stack;
- Proficient in software application design and architecture including web application design, cloud services and public API design;
- Familiarity with web application security, identity management, application authorization, single sign-on methods and software security best practices;
- Advanced knowledge of C#, ASP.NET Core, MVC, REST services;
- Knowledge of collaboration tools and methodologies such as Teams, Visual Studio, Git, TFS;
- Ability to learn and quickly comprehend new technical and business concepts;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in defining technology solutions for financial services would be an asset.
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.