Application Programmer / Analyst - Information Technology
Vancouver – Job # 3915
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for an individual with strong Microsoft-based application development experience to join their team in Vancouver. The successful candidate will be a motivated, accountable, process-oriented, and self-starting member of the team, and will work closely with Business Analysts, Product Managers, and other IT groups located globally.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Develop and test small web applications and other required fixes and enhancements;
- Administration of Sharepoint sites, Teams and Microsoft Office 365
- Collaborate with other IT groups and application owners in identifying root cause of problems and their resolution;
- Identify, track, and resolve application problems on a day-to-day basis and off-hours as required, based on a rotating schedule;
- Work with Help Desk groups and escalate and collaborate with 3rd tier support groups during incident and problem management processes, as required;
- Review application release packages and deployment documentation for completeness;
- Deploy release packages into production;
- Participate in the Change Management process;
- Create and update application documentation such as knowledge bases, known error articles, and operations manuals in collaboration with technical and project staff;
- Assist Business Systems Analysts in creating functional specifications, application data analysis, and technical feasibility assessments as required;
- Assist with large projects as required.
- Diploma or degree in IT or related field;
- Microsoft Office 365, Teams and SharePoint administration or development experience;
- Familiarity with development collaboration tools and methodologies such as Visual Studio, TFS, Scrum/JIRA;
- Strong knowledge of applications, databases, network and security concepts;
- Ability to learn and quickly comprehend new technical and business concepts;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Flexible and able to manage simultaneous priorities, pressures, and deadlines;
- Excellent customer service skills
- Development experience with Microsoft Technologies would be an asset, including: Visual Studio, ASP.NET/C#, Azure
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.