Associate, Retail Syndication, New Issue Services
Vancouver – Job #3912
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a motivated self-starter with excellent organizational and communication skills along with the ability to prioritize and manage a complex workload.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Process and co-ordination of retail financing transactions;
- Set up retail financing transactions on Canaccord Genuity’s global deal management platform (“IDEAL”);
- Opening accounts for financing transactions;
- Reviewing and maintaining order book on IDEAL;
- Reviewing financing documentation;
- Drafting agreements and business correspondence;
- Liaise with Investment Advisors, securities lawyers, issuers, and external stakeholder;
- Syndication departments, compliance department and securities department;
- Assist with the coordination of financing transaction closings;
- Typing of memos and input of data entry;
- Maintaining a proper regulatory compliant file;
- Administrative duties such as answering phones, filing, couriers, mail, photocopying and maintaining supplies;
- Maintaining files (open, close and storage);
- Other administrative duties as required.
- 2 years of experience within the brokerage industry and/or equivalent courses (Canadian Securities Course, Canadian Operations);
- Well organized, with the ability to work well under pressure and able to meet deadlines;
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while displaying a keen attention to detail and good accuracy;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Client service focused;
- Must be able to work effectively within a service team atmosphere;
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment;
- Working knowledge of securities industry;
- Ability and desire to learn about securities law, stock exchange and securities commission policies;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications - Windows, MS Office, Excel;
- Excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills required
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.