Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources
Vancouver - #3910
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Human Resources Generalist to join our Vancouver based team. This is a permanent, full time role.
- Respond to general inquiries from employees and managers, in a timely fashion, to ensure HR processes and policies are adhered to;
- Prepare HR documents;
- Onboard new employees, including follow up to ensure relevant documents are completed;
- Work closely with the HR Team in Vancouver & Toronto, but with a particular focus on the Vancouver Wealth Management division;
- Monitor employees’ eligibility to work in Canada which requires diligent follow up, and also liaise with external immigration counsel as required;
- Ensure that all employee deadlines are met, required paperwork is received and all communication to employees and managers is relayed in a timely manner;
- Enter high volume of data into HRIS with a high level of accuracy;
- Administer and process new hire, change/transfer, departure packages, compensation changes, vacation eligibility, etc;
- Maintain and update HRIS to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date;
- Educate employees and managers on Canaccord Genuity’s HR programs;
- Provide support in the implementation of various HR projects and initiatives;
- Assist with internal training initiatives, as required;
- Assist with the development and revision of HR policies and procedures, as required;
- Perform additional ad-hoc HR duties.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of HR experience in a high-volume medium/large organization;
- Experience in the financial services industry preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a sense of urgency, meet deadlines & work under pressure with excellent attention to detail;
- A high degree of flexibility is required to adapt to multiple and competing priorities;
- Excellent ability to manage high volumes of information in an organized fashion;
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to work strategically;
- The ability to demonstrate confidentiality and discretion;
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills, complemented by excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills;
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills;
- Strong team focus and the ability to work effectively both independently and in a group setting;
- Good knowledge of HR practices, policies, and legislation, with an understanding of confidentiality and protocol;
- Ability and willingness to learn new systems applications;
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and HRIS (Workday experience an asset);
- Bilingual in French would be advantageous.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.