Business Analyst - Cash Management Group
Vancouver, BC – Job #3909
The Cash Management Group at Canaccord Genuity is looking for a Business Analyst (CPA or candidate) to join our high-performing team of finance professionals. We manage over $3 billion in client assets and employ like-minded individuals who display grit, integrity, hard work, and an ability to think outside the box.
This is a full time position out of our downtown Vancouver office (part-time may be considered).
The successful candidate will support our existing team of three Business Analysts (CPA’s) on both collaborative and independent projects. Must be able to multitask, take both initiative & direction, and respond to ever-changing priorities. Adaptability is key – you must have the ability to problem solve and think on your feet. We demand a highly technical and accurate professional that can balance the details with the “Big Picture”.
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
The Company has offices in 10 countries worldwide, including Wealth Management offices located in Canada, Australia, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, and the Isle of Man. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in Canada, the US, the UK, France, Ireland, Hong Kong, China, Australia and Dubai. We are driven by your success.™
Accounting, Bookkeeping & Taxes
Reporting & Analysis
- General Ledger activities in Quickbooks – maintain chart of accounts, upload journal entries, etc.
- Expenses: organize / archive backup files in a paperless environment, summarize and upload to QB, assist with processing payments;
- Perform monthly and annual accounting activities including: update period close working papers, bank and GL account reconciliations, internal audits, and reviewing financial reports;
- Participate in the creation, implementation and adherence to internal controls.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Prepare & maintain accurate and updated financial statements;
- Ad hoc reporting on specific GL accounts;
- Be a “gate keeper” to help reduce costs, improve efficiencies and enhance profitability;
- Have a direct impact to the strategic direction of the business through analysis of financial information, business operations, trends, costs, and revenues. Your input is not only appreciated but expected.
- Contribute to process improvements – if there’s a better way to do something, we want to hear about it.
What We Have to Offer:
- Hold an undergraduate or bachelor’s degree; preference to accounting, finance or economics;
- CPA designation or strong CPA Candidate preferred; other financial designations also considered;
- Minimum 1-2 years of accounting or bookkeeping experience. Related finance / financial services experience would also be considered;
- Competent performing reconciliations in MS Excel and some experience with accounting programs would be helpful;
- Tech-savvy - We move quick and document all activities; we over-communicate across multiple platforms simultaneously – WhatsApp, Slack, Salesforce plus the usual channels.
How to Apply :
- Competitive salary and potential for bonuses;
- Competitive benefits package including Medical / Dental coverage ;
- The Cash Management Group provides RRSP matching and other benefits including: weekly catered lunches, health & wellness perks, fun team events, and daily healthy snacks.
Please send a resume and cover letter and quote the position to firstname.lastname@example.org; also include your LinkedIn URL
Contact us at 604.643.0101
to confirm receipt of your application. Only those applicants who confirm receipt of their resume will be considered for this position. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
This posting will remain open until a qualified candidate is hired. To learn more about the team and Canaccord Genuity, visit www.cgcashgroup.ca
Want to get noticed? Follow us on Twitter (@cgcashgroup
) and subscribe to our Youtube Channel(Cash Management Group
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.