Client Tax Reporting Administrator - Client Tax Reporting
Vancouver – Job # 3895
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a knowledgeable, organized and detail-oriented Client Tax Reporting Administrator who enjoys analyzing and researching issues, to join their Client Tax Reporting team. The incumbent will be required to work overtime as required during the January through April “tax season”.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Liaise with internal departments to correct tax reporting issues, process and mail out amended tax slips and reports as directed;
- Perform weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and year-end tax functions;
- Run queries for processing, review data and report incorrect transactions;
- Review and reconcile control accounts to ensure corrections are processed correctly;
- Process withholding tax corrections – non-treaty to treaty rates, and submit for review;
- Prepare letters to accompany amended tax slips to CRA;
- Enter tax related data into the CRA or IRS automated web portals;
- Review the uploaded CDS Tax Factors in the Tax Module for accuracy during tax season;
- Perform annual review of International Tax Treaties and update country matrix with any changes;
- Calculate and report monthly Statistics for the department;
- Understand client documentation for validity in accordance with CRA, FATCA, IRS and CRS regulations and guidance;
- Perform additional duties during peak tax season time, and provide coverage to team members as required;
- Perform administrative duties including ordering supplies and maintaining internal and external storage box facilities;
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
- Basic understanding and application of US withholding tax and Canadian Non-Resident withholding tax an asset;
- An understanding of the securities industry, products, corporate actions, familiarity with accounting courses, completion of, or enrollment in the CSC an asset;
- Strong reconciliation skills from mathematical, accounting or education background;
- Well organized and extremely detail oriented;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize and effectively manage time;
- A keen problem solver who works well independently and in a team environment;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written and communication skills;
- Previous client service experience, an asset;
- Familiarity and proficiency with Microsoft Office, most importantly Excel;
- Experience with Dataphile, Hummingbird, CDS and DTCC systems an asset.
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence. To apply, please Click Here. We recommend that all internal applicants advise their direct manager/supervisor about their interest in other job opportunities prior to sending in their job application.
In order to be considered for employment, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.