Business Data Architect, IT
Vancouver – Job #3875
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Business Data Architect to join their IT Enterprise Data Management team. Reporting to the Team Lead, Data Architecture, the Business Data Architect plays an integral role in the development of Canaccord Genuity’s enterprise-wide technology strategy.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Provide expert judgment and analysis for the architecture, design, development, and implementation of different types of data solutions including integration, migration, reporting, data warehousing, and application data layers;
- Work on a daily basis with colleagues in different areas of the business. Develop a good understanding of the business context of the solutions we provide, and be able to identify opportunities for data solutions;
- Take an active role in database development, both through hands-on development and by providing requirements and guidance to the Database Developers;
- Promote strategies, plans, and architectural guidelines for establishing a quality, integrated data environment across the different Canaccord Genuity platforms globally;
- Keep up to date on new data technologies and evaluate their suitability for both future projects and for modernizing existing architecture;
- Partner with Business Analysts to gather business, data and reporting requirements and translate the business needs into logical and physical data structures;
- Analyze data-related business problems and propose solutions;
- Provide a positive experience of data services and support being delivered to customers and business stakeholders;
- Troubleshoot, analyze, resolve, and prevent data issues.
- At least 3 – 5 years of experience in this field;
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in a related field (Information Technology, Engineering);
- Strong technical skills with Microsoft data technologies including SQL Server, TSQL, SQL Azure, SSIS, Azure Data Lake, Data Factory, SSRS, PowerBI, SSAS, Excel;
- Strong technical skills in data modeling, process modeling, and relational and dimensional database design;
- Proven knowledge of structured methodologies and data modeling standards, guidelines and best practices;
- Knowledge of the financial markets and specifically around Brokerage an asset;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.