Securities Administrator, Securities
Vancouver – Job # 3882
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently seeking an individual with strong administrative and customer service skills to join their team. Excellent organizational, communication, research and computer skills are essential for this role. The successful candidate must be able to prioritize and manage a complex workload as well as be able to work overtime as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Process receipt of physical securities with competing deadlines and SLA obligations;
- Process journals for reconciliation of inter-branch transit deliveries of physical certificates;
- Check and receive in physical securities from private placement closings and process unit split exchanges;
- Enter DRS deposits in CDS;
- Process Dataphile entitlement exchanges in relation to subscription receipts, private to public pushouts, and escrow releases;
- Develop an ability to research incoming physical securities in order to determine where they need to be received in the Dataphile system;
- Liaise with 3rd parties, i.e. issuers, transfer agents, legal counsels and other brokerage firms when necessary;
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers (i.e. Clients, Investment Advisors and Investment Advisor Assistants);
- Attend to the securities counter;
- Receive and release cheques and certificates;
- Respond to client and broker inquiries in a timely manner;
- Assist other members of the Securities team and provide vacation relief as required;
- Be adaptable to a rapidly changing work environment and be willing to work from home, or work overtime in the office, as needed;
- Perform additional responsibilities or projects as assigned.
- Experience in an administrative role within the financial industry is an asset;
- Proven accountability and conscientiousness;
- Experience working with physical certificates is an asset;
- Strong data entry skills (must be accurate and efficient);
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills;
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and a quick learner;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong customer service skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, and willing to assist team members as required;
- Flexible and adaptable to change;
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Working knowledge of Dataphile Desktop and/or NETX360 is an asset.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.