Cloud Architect, IT
Toronto – Job # 5308
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Cloud Architect to join our IT team on a full-time permanent basis. The successful candidate will be an intermediate to senior engineer, with demonstrated experience in leading or being a subject matter expert for cloud implementation projects.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Architect, Design and implement a highly-available, scalable, and secure systems to cloud system like Microsoft Azure;
- Collaborate with the existing cloud team to continually update cloud designs, implement new cloud features and migrate systems to the cloud;
- Lead portions of the Azure IaaS, SaaS and PaaS cloud initiatives;
- Implement strategies for data centre migrations and moves relating to messaging solutions such as OneDrive, InTune, Teams and Office 365;
- Upgrade or migrate remote access solutions to the cloud;
- Leverage governance tools - Checkpoint Dome9, VMWare Cloud Health and Azure Security Centre to ensure strong governance is upheld.
- Strong knowledge of cloud architectures such as Microsoft Azure Cloud with at least 2 years of demonstrated experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent professional experience;
- Working knowledge of Teams, Office 365, cloud cybersecurity solutions and Active Directory technologies such as ADFS;
- Strong leadership skills and written & verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively within a geographically spread team environment;
- Self-motivated and driven to meet long term goals;
- Practical knowledge in capacity planning of cloud infrastructure;
- Demonstrated experience in creating development and testing environments, both on-premises and cloud-based (or hybrid) and automating to scale them;
- Certifications in cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure is preferred.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.