Associate, Client Services - CG Direct
Montreal – Job # 6033
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
In addition to an Online Execution Only Division in Canada, the Company also has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian OEO operation, CG Direct (“CG”), is currently looking for a detail-oriented candidate with outstanding communication skills. This role requires curiosity, patience and a passion for problem-solving.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Build trusted relationships and problem-solve with clients via phone calls, emails and the internet;
- Understand client needs and provide assistance to their requests for CG Direct;
- Provide onboarding assistance for new account applications for both CG Direct;
- Contribute to the client service team in the day-to-day operational and administrative tasks;
- Complete special projects and ad-hoc duties as required.
- Relationship/Account management experience in the securities industry is an asset; have or be willing to develop a detailed understanding of how best to support our client services department.
- Fluently bilingual in English and French;
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course and Canadian Practice Handbook is required;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills; comfortable with crucial conversations;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on teams as well as independently on multiple projects at a time;
- Ability to demonstrate discretion when dealing with matters of a confidential or sensitive nature;
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office applications;
- Experience with financial applications as well as Dataphile, or SharePoint applications would be a definite asset.
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at CG, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.