Marketing Assistant (3-months contract), Wealth Management
Toronto, ON - Job #5302
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a self-motivated and energetic sales focused individual to join our Wealth Management team in Vancouver. The successful incumbent will be supporting an established Investment Advisor within a team environment, they must be professional, resourceful, self-motivated and have a strong work ethic.
This is a part time 3-month contract role, with possibilities for extension.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Perform outgoing sales calls (cold and warm calls) aimed at identifying and qualifying potential investors;
- Prepare e-mail and general mail outs to clients and prospects including tracked email marketing;
- Organize and maintain a database of prospects;
- Contact prospects to determine interest in receiving literature on selected investment products;
- Other marketing duties as required.
- A demonstrated interest in investment products and financial markets;
- Enrollment and/or completion of Canadian Securities Course is desirable.
- Personable and outgoing with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Previous telemarketing and/or sales experience is preferred but not essential;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Strong customer service skills.
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.