Associate, Research – Energy (12 month Contract) – Calgary– Job # 4098
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a motivated team player who is looking for a stellar opportunity as an Associate with our Research – Energy team in Calgary.
Skills & Qualifications
- Provide research support to the Research Analyst;
- Assist with writing research notes and sector reports;
- Analyze financial statements, company-specific information and industry-specific data;
- Develop and maintain complex financial models;
- Coordinate, generate and maintain presentations and databases;
- Assist with coordinating quarterly reporting initiatives;
- Support and answer client queries;
- Assist with special projects, presentations and initiatives as assigned.
- Education that includes an undergraduate degree. Accounting designation or enrollment in the CFA program are desirable;
- Technical oil and gas experience (engineer/geology/geophysics) and/or capital markets experience is desirable but not required;
- Superior Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills;
- Working knowledge of other platforms is an asset (Bloomberg, Factset, GeoScout);
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills;
- Ability to create high-quality deliverables while managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.