Project Manager (12-Month Contract), IT – Vancouver – Job # 3840
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Project Manager to join our IT department. This role will work with the IT Business Services team and will be involved in a variety of tasks that are focused on delivering change improvements to systems and processes for Canaccord Genuity’s business groups.
The Project Manager will interact with internal and external client groups, including business stakeholders, management, IT specialists and vendors. This role requires solid team collaboration while working on concurrent change initiatives.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Plan, execute, control and close out the project and work packages against defined scope and budget;
- Ensure assigned projects meet the requirements of Canaccord Genuity’s standards, policies and procedures;
- Create, maintain and obtain sign off on project plans detailing deliverables, timelines and required resources;
- Negotiate for required internal IT and business resources;
- Create and maintain risk/issue logs and escalate issues to stakeholders and steering committee as appropriate;
- Capture and document operation’s transition plans for post-implementation of a solution;
- Review and contribute to documents produced by the project team: detailed business requirements, test plans, test scripts, system documentation (including operations manuals, service level agreements, and team knowledge bases);
- Provide feedback and guidance to project team members;
- Primary focus on scope of the work (project management);
- Manage and lead projects of varying complexity and duration including complex projects requiring large amounts of effort (600-1,000+ hours) and over extended duration (6+ months or more);
- Serve as primary point of contact for one or more business areas (e.g. Wealth Management, Compliance, Finance);
- Work with executive sponsors and business managers to prioritize requirements, issues and deliverables;
- Manage stakeholder expectations and work through difficult conversations with project team, senior managers and executives;
- Prepare high level business requirements, project proposals, business cases (as required) and presentation materials;
- Champion for the Canaccord Genuity IT project governance process;
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of project management experience in the financial services industry;
- Post-secondary education/certification in business-related and technical disciplines;
- Skilled in business process redesign, with complex business models and technology;
- Knowledge of SDLC methodologies;
- Positive professionalism with strong communication and facilitation skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to grasp abstract concepts;
- Mature and highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment, with the ability to set and meet deadlines while working on multiple projects at a time;
- Extremely proficient with MS Office applications;
- Experience with Dataphile an asset.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence. To apply, please Click Here. We recommend that all internal applicants advise their direct manager/supervisor about their interest in other job opportunities prior to sending in their job application.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.