Business Development, Cash Management Group, Canaccord Genuity – Vancouver, BC Job #3831
The Cash Management Group at Canaccord Genuity is looking for a Business Development Associate to join our high-performing team of finance professionals. We manage over $2.5 billion in client assets and employ like-minded individuals who display grit, integrity, hard work, and an ability to think outside the box.
This position demands strong market research skills and the ability to execute tasks in a timely manner. Working closely with a team of fifteen professionals in an open office environment, you will be provided with mentoring and training to ensure you fully understand the way our business is conducted. You need to have a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and a sharp attention to detail to succeed in this role. This is a full time position out of our downtown Vancouver office.
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
• Create custom multi-million-dollar proposals using Excel;
• Manage client and partner relationships using our call first policy;
• Assist the sales team setting up meetings with meaningful prospects;
• Track and report monthly sales metrics such as number of calls and meetings;
• Cultivate lead pipeline; and
• Provide ad-hoc support for the sales team.
Skills & Qualifications
• An undergraduate degree or higher level of education;
• Completion of or in the process of obtaining the CSC (Canadian Securities Course);
• Vibrant and professional demeanor;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to articulate clearly;
• Self-starter attributes, motivated and hardworking;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Adaptability to work in a constantly changing and highly demanding environment;
• A team player attitude and the initiative to identify opportunities to streamline processes, boost efficiencies and uncover new opportunities;
• Able to present a polished appearance in a formal business environment;
• Excellent proficiency in Excel;
• Comfort using cloud applications, WhatsApp, Google Drive, Box, Evernote, Salesforce, LinkedIn and Twitter.
What we have to offer
• Competitive salary and potential for bonuses
• Competitive benefits package including Medical / Dental coverage
• The Cash Management Group provides RRSP matching and other benefits including: weekly catered lunches, health & wellness perks, fun team events, and daily healthy snacks
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter and quote the position to email@example.com; also include your LinkedIn URL.
Contact us at 604.643.0101 to confirm receipt of your application. Only those applicants who confirm receipt of their resume will be considered for this position. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
This posting will remain open until a qualified candidate is hired. To learn more about the team and Canaccord Genuity, visit www.cgcashgroup.ca.
Want to get noticed? Follow us on Twitter (@cgcashgroup) and subscribe to our Youtube Channel (Cash Management Group).
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions