Financial Analyst, Finance – Toronto – Job # 5272
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a motivated self-starter with superior accounting knowledge, excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, to join our Finance team in Toronto. This position reports directly to the Vice President, Business Analysis & Strategy Development.
- Responsible for daily/monthly P&L reporting, P&L and Balance Sheet analysis and providing commentaries;
- Perform various Account Reconciliations and posting Accounting entries;
- Manage, facilitate and coordinate specialized projects relating to financial planning and analysis, management reporting, and public reporting;
- Prepare monthly operating reports for management including development and analysis of performance metrics and review of budget variances;
- Prepare and maintain group budgets, forecasts, capital plans and cash flow projections;
- Work closely with senior management in Finance and various business units and auditors to provide financial insight and reports in connection with special projects and ad hoc analyses;
- Complete reports and projects in accordance with established policies and guidelines accurately, timely and efficiently;
- Proactively seek continuous enhancement in internal controls over financial transactions and financial reporting;
- Be a key asset within the Finance team, with proficiency in excel, and various systems and applications;
- Ad-hoc analysis and support as requested by management.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA holder or actively working towards an accounting designation preferred;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are essential;
- 3+ years of experience in financial/accounting analysis in a large organization. Experience in a Finance/Accounting role at a broker-dealer firm will be preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- An effective ability to collect, organize, analyze and circulate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to interact with all levels of the organization;
- Self-motivated with a focus on driving results and strong sense of accountability;
- Experience with Dataphile accounting software is an asset.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.