Application Specialist, IT – Vancouver – Job # 3819
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for an Application Specialist to join our team. The Application Specialist will be part of the IT Application Support team responsible for providing application support and administration services on key financial applications. The hours for this role range from 5:00am – 1:00pm or 6:00 am – 2:00 pm PST and the candidate must be flexible to work after hours and/or on weekends as required.
- Provide help desk support for financial applications;
- Perform system administration and system configuration;
- Execute operational tasks;
- Test new software releases;
- Build ad-hoc reports and prepare documentation.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of Dataphile and/or brokerage/financial experience;
- Strong technical aptitude with a good knowledge of integration of applications, databases, networks, and security;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to prioritize and handle many simultaneous tasks;
- Proficient with MS Office applications;
- Ability to create system and process documentation.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.