Corporate Actions Administrator, Corporate Actions – Vancouver – Job #3817
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for an organized, detail and deadline-oriented individual to join our Corporate Actions team.
- Timely collection and accurate interpretation of Corporate Action Event information from Depositories, Foreign Custodians and other sources;
- Understand the purpose, risk and exposure around positions and event processing;
- Processing voluntary and mandatory Corporate Actions against client, inventory and security lending accounts in accordance with department procedure;
- Processing Warrant Exercises (Physical and Electronic Book Entry);
- Create spreadsheets, business correspondence and other various documents to assist with Corporate Action processes;
- Perform timely break management of allocated breaks and reconciliation of internal accounts;
- Liaise with issuers, transfer agents, depositories, and market counterparties;
- Responsive to inquiries;
Skills & Qualifications:
- Contact issuers on outstanding securities not received, resulting from Corporate Action Events and Warrant exercises according to company policy.
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years of financial services industry experience;
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines is essential;
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently and within a team (team player perspective is key);
- Hard-working, positive, dedicated and prepared to work overtime when necessary;
- Strong level of MS Outlook, Word and Excel required;
- Familiarity with Dataphile, CDS and DTC is an asset.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.