Business Intelligence (BI) Developer/Analyst, IT –Toronto– Job # 5268
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East. To us there are no foreign markets.™
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a BI Developer/Analyst to join our team. Reporting to the Manager, Business Intelligence Team, this role will be responsible for the analysis, design, development and deployment of BI applications using Microsoft Business Intelligence tools. This role will provide highly valued client and business intelligence that drives the planning, management and measurement of our business.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to communicate effectively in technical and non-technical environments. Additionally, they will display excellent collaboration and organizational skills, including the ability to maintain exceptional client support and prioritize tasks.Responsibilities:
- Answer enquires regarding business logic in reports/cubes;
- Troubleshoot issues in reports/cubes and SSIS packages;
- Be able to create/modify SQL Server jobs and SSIS packages and other database objects (views, stored procedures, triggers, etc.);
- Willing to work outside of normal business hours if required;
- Analyze, define, design, build and deliver multi-dimensional cubes;
- Analyze, define, design, build and deliver dynamic and static reports;
- Provide maintenance and support for BI production environments (IBM Cognos BI and MS SSRS);
- Provide BI user training and support;
- Continually examine how BI business applications are being utilized and recommend and implement improvements;
- Create documentation and business metadata;
- Create and communicate business reporting standards;
- Ensure only high-quality information is presented to the business community.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2 - 5 years of experience with knowledge of the Microsoft BI Platform (SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI);
- 4+ years of experience with SQL/data manipulation;
- 3+ years of experience in a BI Development environment, with Business Systems Analysis experience preferred;
- 1 - 2 years of experience with knowledge of IBM Cognos Business Intelligence software would be an asset;
- Completion of a relevant technical post-secondary degree or diploma;
- Knowledge of implementing BI solutions with a specific focus on the Finance and Investments industries;
- Knowledge of Information Technology industry trends and BI software/hardware technologies;
- Strong documentation skills;
- Solid understanding of BI terminology and concepts;
- Strong business analysis, process mapping, business process redesign and implementation skills;
- Highly organized and detail oriented;
- Action oriented with excellent facilitation skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Analytical with the ability to grasp abstract concepts.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.