Executive Assistant, Investment Banking – Toronto – Job # 5265
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a motivated self-starter with excellent organizational, communication and computer skills, along with the ability to prioritize and manage a complex workload. The position provides administrative support to a team of investment banking professionals. The work hours will be 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.
• Coordinate business meetings, conferences and presentations;
• Process and help draft agreements and business correspondence;
Skills & Qualifications
• Review complex documents for completeness and accuracy;
• Respond to financing inquiries;
• Manage data entry and maintain computer and paper files;
• Maintain multiple extensive contact databases and calendars;
• Assist with marketing initiatives;
• Assist in the coordination of client road shows;
• Coordinate complex travel arrangements and record expense accounts for senior partners;
• Answer multi-line phone and greet clients;
• Perform administrative duties, including: filing, coordinating couriers, mailing, faxing, photocopying, maintaining supplies, and maintaining records.
• Minimum 5 years of executive assistant experience, preferably at a VP level or above;
• A knowledge of capital markets and the financial services industry would be an asset, and if absent, the desire to learn about the industry;
• Ability to quickly learn new systems/databases;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills complemented by exceptional interpersonal skills;
• Extremely high level of discretion and confidentially, both in and out of the office;
• Meticulous and accustomed to working smoothly under pressure;
• Excellent prioritization and organizational skills;
• Proactive and customer-oriented attitude; strong customer focus towards external clients and employees at all levels;
• Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);
• Excellent teamwork skills complemented by the ability to work well independently;
• A “can do” attitude, regardless of the task.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.