Securities Administrator, Securities –Toronto – Job # 5266
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (“Company”) is a leading independent, full-services financial firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently seeking an individual with strong administrative and customer service skills to join their team. Excellent attention to detail, organizational, communication, and computer skills are essential for this role. The successful candidate must be able to prioritize and respond to deliverables in a timely manner. Adhering to policies and procedures is an important aspect of this role.
- Process receipt and delivery of physical securities, CDS declarations, CDS/DTC certificates - Deposits and Withdrawals;
- Security re-registrations (including delinquent transfer);
- Attend to the Securities counter, including receiving and releasing cheques and certificates;
- Setting up of Internal Cusip Numbers;
- Provide coverage to the Securities team and assist team members as required;
- Securities count (Month End Internal Audit);
- Branch Transit (Incoming / outgoing Securities);
- Perform additional duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications
- 1 – 3 years of administrative and data processing experience, preferably within the brokerage industry;
- Excellent organizational skills, with strong attention to detail;
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and quick learner;
- Excellent prioritization skills with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure;
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, and willing to assist team members as required;
- Flexible, reliable and availability to work overtime as required;
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel and Outlook). Ability and willingness to learn new systems applications;
- Familiarity with Dataphile and ICS is an asset. Knowledge of CDS and DTC and securities negotiability, preferred.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.