Business Systems Analyst, IT – Vancouver – Job # 3813
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (“Company”) is a leading independent, full-services financial firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Business Systems Analyst to join our Business Services team. The Business Systems Analyst role is a key role that will work closely with the various IT teams, business units, and third-party vendors to manage enhancements with focused responsibility on information technology project work. This will require an ability to manage, analyze and synthesize complex system requirements and work with a diverse group of business users and IT team members to develop and implement solutions. The role reports to VP, Enterprise Development and Application Support.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to communicate effectively in technical and non-technical environments. In addition, the Business Systems Analyst will possess a strong technical background and have a hands-on role in designing solutions. Excellent collaborative and organizational skills are imperative.
- Work with Back Office stakeholders and IT team members to complete current state analysis and business process redesign;
- Interface with vendors by providing detailed business and functional requirements, and communicating business knowledge;
- Lead in testing of system changes and coordinate User Acceptance Testing by creating and executing Test Plans;
- Liaise with business groups and other IT teams in capturing requirement change requests, identifying business / technical impacts and managing client expectations;
- Create and maintain system documentation, including operations manuals and team knowledge bases;
- Build ad-hoc reports and data extracts using SQL.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with Dataphile preferred;
- Completion of a diploma or degree in a technical or business field;
- Knowledge of the Financial Industry and understanding of brokerage accounting;
- Ability to organize and document system requirements;
- Strong technical aptitude and understanding of practical uses of technology to solve business problems;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills and ability to grasp abstract concepts;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail;
- Projects a mature, professional and optimistic attitude;
- Ability to set, commit to and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing business needs.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.