HR Training & Development Instructor, Human Resources – Vancouver – Job #3810
Summary:Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for an entrepreneurial, adaptable and professional individual to support, coach and train our internal employees.
- Create customized training programs on a variety of topics ranging from professional development, supervisory/managerial skills and team building to email and phone etiquette;
- Conduct training needs analysis using feedback received from department managers and employees to assist with the preparation of an annual training plan and budget;
- Design and conduct employee surveys to assess the need for supplementary training courses and to assess employees’ level of technical skill;
- Determine return on investment (ROI) through course evaluations;
- Maintain a training course inventory, schedule courses, arrange for facilities and coordinate registration to ensure courses are delivered efficiently;
- Coordinate with third party vendors and external training institutions to facilitate courses when required;
- Provide training related communication within the organization;
- Research, develop and implement e-learning and computer-based training courses to ensure employees Canada wide have access to all training courses;
- Maintain Canaccord Genuity’s Training and Development intranet page and training calendar;
- Prepare training reports and track training expenses to ensure budgets are met and policies are adhered to;
- Perform other duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience as a trainer/facilitator;
- Experience working in the financial services industry an asset;
- Course curriculum development and design experience required;
- Experience with training needs assessment methodologies;
- Previous HR experience in a medium-large organization an asset;
- Knowledge of web-based and e-learning training techniques;
- Knowledge of, or experience with, performance management systems and competencies;
- Comfortable to work both collaboratively and independently;
- Previous coaching experience desired;
- Proven ability to engage with and influence others;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on practical solutions;
- Proven ability to understand broad HR and business issues.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.