Project Manager, IT – Toronto – Job # 5260
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a detail-oriented individual with exceptional multi-tasking and interpersonal skills to join our IT department in the role of Project Manager. This position reports directly to the Vice President, IT Operations – Canada. Note, occasional travel may be required in this role.
Skills & Qualifications
- Performing all aspects of Project Management, following IT and Financial industry best practices;
- Plan, execute, control and close out the project and work packages against defined scope and budget;
- Ensure assigned projects meet the requirements of Canaccord Genuity’s standards, policies and procedures;
- Create, maintain and obtain sign off on project plans detailing deliverables, timelines and required resources;
- Negotiate for required internal IT and business resources;
- Create and maintain risk/issue logs and escalate issues to stakeholders and steering committee as appropriate;
- Capture and document operation’s transition plans for post-implementation of a solution;
- Review and contribute to documents produced by the project team: detailed business requirements, test plans, test scripts, system documentation (including operations manuals, service level agreements, and team knowledge bases);
- Provide feedback and guidance to project team members;
- Primary focus on scope of the work (project management);
- Manage and lead projects of varying complexity and duration including complex projects requiring large amounts of effort (600-1,000+ hours) and over extended duration (6+ months or more);
- Serve as primary point of contact for one or more business areas (e.g. Wealth Management, Compliance, Finance);
- Work with executive sponsors and business managers to prioritize requirements, issues and deliverables;
- Manage stakeholder expectations and work through difficult conversations with project team, senior managers and executives;
- Prepare high level business requirements, project proposals, business cases (as required), test plans/matrices and presentation materials;
- Champion for the Canaccord Genuity IT project governance process;
- Perform additional duties as assigned;
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Minimum of 5 years of Project Management experience;
- PMP Designation preferred;
- Completion or intention to complete the Canadian Securities Course;
- Post-secondary education/certification in business-related and technical disciplines;
- Skilled in business process redesign, with complex business models and technology;
- Knowledge of SDLC methodologies;
- Experience within the Financial Services Industry, specific to Capital Markets (Sales & Trading, Research, Investment Banking and/or Syndication);
- Ability to effectively manage concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience with web development and technologies;
- Strong knowledge of Business Intelligence and analytics concepts and technologies;
- Experience with database development, concepts and technologies;
- Advanced MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project);
- Experience with contract negotiations and contract language;
- Detail oriented;
- Ability to co-manage projects with vendors/suppliers and manage vendors is essential;
- Ability to work with employees and clients at all levels and different regions is essential;
- Positive professionalism with strong communication and facilitation skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to grasp abstract concepts;
- Mature and highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.