Administrative Assistant, Investment Banking – Calgary – Job # 4093
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a motivated self-starter with excellent organizational, communication and computer skills, along with the ability to prioritize and manage a complex workload. The position provides administrative support to a team of investment banking professionals. This is a temporary one-month assignment with the possibility for extension. The work hours will be 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- Answer multiple phone lines and greet clients;
- Process expenses for the Investment Banking team;
- Coordinate complex travel arrangements for the Investment Banking team;
- Maintain multiple extensive contact databases and calendars;
- Coordinate business meetings and corporate events;
- Perform administrative duties, including: minor filing, coordinating couriers, mailing, faxing, photocopying, and maintaining computer and paper files and records.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of executive assistant experience, preferably at a VP level or above;
- A knowledge of capital markets and the financial services industry would be an asset, and if absent, the desire to learn about the industry;
- Ability to quickly learn new systems/databases;
- Extremely high level of discretion and confidentially, both in and out of the office;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills complemented by exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Meticulous and accustomed to working smoothly under pressure;
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills;
- Proactive and customer-oriented attitude; strong customer focus towards external clients and employees at all levels;
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);
- Excellent teamwork skills complemented by the ability to work well independently;
- A “can do” attitude, regardless of the task.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.